The Bengal Beat

The Student News Site of Lucy Beckham High School

The Bengal Beat

The Bengal Beat

From Classroom to Catwalk

LBHS Prepares for the Bengal Pageant

LBHS has planned a special event to shine a spotlight on the best of Lucy Beckham with the Bengal Pageant! This event will happen at Lucy Beckham and will help to raise money for our music program.

This pageant will occur in Lucy Beckhhams’ PAC on April 17, at 7 pm. There will be 10 titles awarded. The titles are separated into two categories, one is the “Miss” titles and the other is the “Mr.” titles. The Miss titles are Miss Freshman, Miss Sophomore, Miss Junior, Miss Senior, and Miss Bengal. The Mr. titles are Mr. Freshman, Mr. Sophomore, Mr. Junior, Mr. Senior, and Mr. Bengal.

It is free to join the pageant, but you will have to fundraise $100 to be eligible for the titles. If you want to try for a class title, you will compete in two different phases of competition. Those phases will be an on-stage question and a formal wear category. If you want to compete for the Miss/Mr. Bengal title, you will participate in three different phases of competition. You will have to do the on-stage question, and formal wear, the only difference is you must perform a talent. To prepare for the pageant, there will be a practice on April 16, one day before the event. Even if you are not participating in the pageant, be sure to come on April 17 to support all the contestants and see the winners of the class titles.

There is still time to enter the pageant, so if you’re interested, scan the QR code to learn more about joining the pageant. You can also look around the school hallways and scan the QR codes on one of the many flyers we have posted.